Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in The Best Articles, Videos & Posts On Education Policy In 2016 – So Far):

Anthony Byrk coins a new -at least, to me – term, “practice-based evidence,” in his piece, Accelerating How We Learn to Improve. Here’s how he describes it:

The choice of words practice-based evidence is deliberate. We aim to signal a key difference in the relationship between inquiry and improvement as compared to that typically assumed in the more commonly used expression evidence-based practice. Implicit in the latter is that evidence of efficacy exists somewhere outside of local practice and practitioners should simply implement these evidence-based practices. Improvement research, in contrast, is an ongoing, local learning activity.

This recognition of context was also raised in a different…context by Five Thirty Eight in an interesting article headlined Failure Is Moving Science Forward.

I’m adding them both to The Best Resources For Understanding How To Interpret Education Research.

Education secretary takes heat for pushing single rating of schools is from Ed Source.

Teach for America Has Gone Global, and Its Board Has Strange Ideas About What Poor Kids Need is from The Nation. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Raising Concerns About Teach For America. Thanks to Mike Klonsky for the tip.

How Will ESSA’s Innovative Assessment Pilot Work? is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Understanding The Every Student Succeeds Act.

Teacher-Led Restructuring Plans Lead to Student-Achievement Gains, Paper Says is from Ed Week.

The Intervention That Works Across Settings With All Children is from The Shanker Institute and is about teacher collaboration (and collaboration with other stakeholders). I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles About The Importance Of Teacher (& Student) Working Conditions.

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources On Professional Development For Teachers — Help Me Find More: