The “All-Time” Best Sources Of Online Images

The-AllTime-Best-Sources

I have nearly 1,600 “Best” lists and, though they’re all categorized and regularly updated, they can be pretty overwhelming – even to me!

That’s one reason why I have a small number, but growing, newer category of lists call “All-Time Best” ones. You can see All Of My “All-Time” Best Lists In One Place!

This post is another attempt at bringing a little more sanity to these lists.

I’ve just revised and updated The Best Online Sources For Images, but it’s still pretty massive – plus there are a zillion comments with even more recommendations from readers.

Here are my choices of the best – and easiest – sites to use for legally obtaining free images. They’re the ones I use the most. The links on this list are either direct links to the sites or links to my blog posts about the resources. In the case, those posts include the direct links:

“Photos For Class” Is My Favorite Site For Finding Images

“Unsplash” Is A Great Source Of Public Domain Photos & Just Got A Lot Better!

Getty Images Has Just Become The Number One Source For Images In Social Media — Choose From 40 MILLION!

You Can Now Embed Images From Imgur With Automatic Attribution

Pixabay is a good source of public domain images. Here’s a post from Richard Byrne some suggestions on how to use it.

ELT Pics is a project initiated on Twitter to collect photos helpful to English Language teachers.

Teaching Students to Legally Use Images Online is a great post by Jennifer Gonzalez.

Feel free to let me know if you think I’m missing any obvious ones that should be on this “all-time” list.