Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in The Best Articles, Videos & Posts On Education Policy In 2016 – So Far):

How 37 States Are Handling Teacher Shortages is by Dan Meyer. I’m adding it to The Best Articles & Posts About The “Teacher Shortage.”

Stuck at Square One: College students increasingly caught in remedial education trap is from American Public Media.

Condemnation of Charter Schools Exposes a Rift Over Black Students is from The New York Times. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Analyzing Charter Schools.

Do charter schools really help children improve? is from The Boston Globe. I’m adding it to the same list.

Is Homework Stupid is from Quartz. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Homework Issues.

When suspensions weren’t working, this high school opted for a new approach is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Restorative Practices – Help Me Find More.

Why Black Men Quit Teaching is by Christopher Emdin. I’m adding it to A Collection Of Useful Posts, Articles & Videos On Race & Racism – Help Me Find More.

Summer is Over, School Begins in August is by Larry Cuban.

Good School, Rich School; Bad School, Poor School is from The Atlantic.

Should We Close Schools on the Basis of Performance? is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On The Impact Of School Closures — Suggest More!

Single score is a misleading way to judge California’s schools appeared in the Sacramento Bee.

California state standardized test scores have just been released. Read about it at:

Good news on school test scores can’t disguise achievement gap is from The San Francisco Chronicle.

Higher test scores, yes, but no narrowing of achievement gaps in California is from Ed Source.