3122465660

Of course, this is the time of year we’re learning about holidays in our Beginning English Language Learner class, and we all wrote letters to Santa Claus on Friday – as well as recorded them!

I think this is a fun activity for all ages – even adults – and our teenagers enjoyed it, too.

They wrote a letter using a “Frame” (I’m copying and pasting it below, and you can also download it here). They typed it up in a Word document, then copied and pasted it on our class blog.

Next, they recorded themselves reading it and posted the recording on the same blog post.

It was easy to record on my iPhone and upload to SoundCloud.

Unfortunately, its iPhone app eliminated the recording function. However, another app, Audio Copy, is set up to record and provides an easy feature to upload to SoundCloud.

I’m adding this post to The Best Places To Learn About Christmas, Hanukkah, & Kwanzaa.

Here is the letter frame I created:

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy/girl.

Here are the ways I have been good:

I _____________________________________________________________________________.

I would like these things as gifts:

I want a ________________________________ because _______________________________.

I know you are very busy and I might not get everything I want.  If you can bring me only one thing, please bring me _______________________________________________.

When you visit our house, I will leave you ______________________________________ to eat.

Also, I love my teacher, Mr. Ferlazzo, and I hope you bring him many gifts.  Please bring him a __________________________________________________________.

Thank you.

Sincerely,