I began this blog ten years ago.
Writing it has made me a better teacher for my students, and I hope it’s been helpful to others. It’s been an incredible gift to be able to connect with so many talented educators around the world.
I began writing it as a place for me to keep resources that I would use in the classroom in one place. Little did I know it would result in nearly 20,000 posts (including 1,675 “Best” lists), over ten million visitors, and over fifteen-thousand subscribers – and lead to eight books (with two more on the way).
I have also begun writing other blogs — my teacher advice column at Education Week Teacher, Engaging Parents In School blog, and others.
I appreciate the people I have met — online and in person — through this blog, and everything I have learned from you.
Thanks, and forward to another year!
In addition to the above few words, I thought people might find it interesting to see what have been the most popular posts since this blog began (you can also see a list of my personal favorite ones here and here).
I’m doing this anniversary post in two parts. Today, I’m sharing the twenty most popular “Best” lists (which I regularly revise and update), and tomorrow I’ll list the twenty most popular non-Best posts (I’ve published that post, and you can see it here).
Here they are:
1. The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom’s Taxonomy In The Classroom
2. The Best Popular Movies/TV Shows For ESL/EFL
3. The Best Online Virtual “Corkboards” (or “Bulletin Boards”)
4. The Best Sites For Learning About The World’s Different Cultures
5. The Best Sites For Online Photo-Editing & Photo Effects
6. The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
7. The Best Comic Strips For Students & Teachers In 2012 — So Far
8. The Best Sites For Teaching About Latitude & Longitude
9. The Best Teacher Resources For “Foldables”
10. The Best Sites For Grammar Practice
11. The Best Sites To Practice Speaking English
12. The Best Sites For Learning Spanish Online
13. The Best Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced English Language Learner Sites
14. The Best Resources On Helping Our Students Develop A “Growth Mindset”
15. The Best Applications For Creating Free Email Newsletters
16. The Best Places To Read & Write “Choose Your Own Adventure” Stories
17. The Best Movie Scenes To Use For English-Language Development
18. Not “The Best,” But “A List” Of Music Sites
19. The Best Websites For Learning & Teaching Geography
Congratulations! Thank you for your valuable insights into teaching and your limitless generosity. Greetings from Norway.