Four years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2016 – Part Two

Here are this week’s choices:

The big news this week in the ELL world is the release by the National Academy of Sciences of a monster report titled Promoting the Educational Success of Children and Youth Learning English: Promising Futures. It’s 415 pages, and I get tired just looking at the Table of Contents. You can read a short summary at Ed Week. My quick perusal of it didn’t turn up anything most ELL teachers don’t already know. However, it never hurts to be able to cite the National Academy of Sciences as support for something you want to do in the classroom.

Speaking of nothing new, here’s a video excerpt of an Institute For Education Sciences Webinar on a recent ELL study. There are several different video clips from it, but this is probably the only one most ELL teachers might find useful:

Using Multiple Languages to Support Bilingual Learners is from The Huffington Post.
IELTS vs. TOEFL: What Are the Differences? is from US News.

Are New York City’s dropout and grad rates for English learners as bad as they look? is from Chalkbeat.

7 Guidelines for Teaching Listening is from Listenwise. I’m adding it to The Best Ideas To Help Students Become Better Listeners — Contribute More.