Four years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2016 – Part Two

Here are this week’s choices:

Video Playlist: Five Essential Practices for the High School ELL Classroom is new from The Teaching Channel. I’ll be using some of these clips in my university ELL Methods class.

I’ve had both my ELLs and English-proficient students use the online tool Quill at various times with differing results. They’ve just created what they call an ELL Diagnostic that ” will automatically create an individualized learning plan for each student. The learning plan provides up to ten weeks of personalized activities.” I’m going to have students try it out this week.

Teaching English – British Council is one of the best resources for ELL teachers on the web. You can subscribe to their free email newsletter here.

ELL Stories is a neat site.

What Can Educators Do to Increase Graduation Rates for English-Learners? is from Education Week.

2 Superb Activities with Posters to Review Topics before Oral Exams is from Blog de Cristina.

The Backseat Linguist shares some intriguing points about phonics instruction. I’m adding it to The Best Articles & Sites For Teachers & Students To Learn About Phonics.

Being bilingual makes you experience time differently is from Quartz. Here’s how it ends:

The results of this work indicate that brains are adaptable and that by learning new things—like a new language—anyone can increase cognitive flexibility.

I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning The Advantages To Being Bilingual.