Each year in my ELL U.S. History class we learn about how Native Americans used buffalo hides, including for buffalo hide paintings.
You can see the entire lesson at our U.S. History Class Blog.
After students make them, we do a “speed-dating” routine where students tell each other their stories and they have to complete the following form (you can download it here):
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR PARTNER:
- Can you tell me more about….?
- How did you feel when…?
- How do you feel now about….?
- Can you think of anything you would do differently?
* What story has a similarity to yours? What is it?
* What story has a difference from yours? What is it?
* What is something you found interesting?