'magnifying glass' photo (c) 2005, Tall Chris - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing a “round-up” of some of them each week or every other week as a regular feature.

By the way, you might also be interested in My Best Posts On New Research Studies In 2017 – So Far.

Here are some new useful studies (and related resources):

A Marked Improvement: A review of the evidence on written marking is from The Education Endowment Foundation. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning How To Best Give Feedback To Students.

Research in 100 words are great summaries of…research from CHRIS MOYSE.

EEF and the Royal Society publish review of the evidence on the science attainment gap is a useful report:

The researchers found that the strongest factor affecting pupils’ science scores is how well they understand written texts.

Critical thinking skills are more important than IQ for making good decisions in life is a summary of a recent study.

Insufficient sleep may be adding to your waistline is from Science Daily. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Helping Teens Learn About The Importance Of Sleep.