I do a lot of writing – nine books, a teacher advice column in Education Week Teacher, NY Times posts on teaching English Language Learners, British Council posts, and five-or-six posts a day here.
I also regularly write other articles/columns for different publications, including Edutopia, The Washington Post and ASCD Educational Leadership.
You can find links to all of those pieces (there are probably over two-hundred of them) here. I’ve chosen these sixteen as the best of the bunch.
Here are the ones I’ve written in 2018 – so far. I’m adding this post to All 2018 Mid-Year “Best” Lists – In One Place!
- The best — and worst — education news of 2017
- Nine education predictions for 2018 — some of them heartbreaking
- Micro-Writing for English Learners
- Activating Prior Knowledge With English Language Learners
- Helping English-Learners End the School Year Strong
- How to Use Oral Presentations to Help English Language Learners Succeed
- How to Engage ELLs in Literary Conversations
- Culturally Responsive Teaching in the ELL Classroom