Yes, this blog has been around for twelve years!
Lots of numbers – thirteen million visitors, twenty-three thousand daily readers, nine books.
But the real celebration for me is what I have learned through the process and how it has made me a better teacher.
It has been a great experience, and I hope that feeling will continue…
You might also be interested in My All-Time Favorite Posts! (these are the best of the best)
Here are the most popular posts from the past twelve years:
1.After Spending $575 Million On Teacher Evaluation, Gates Foundation Says, “Oops”
2. The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
3. The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom’s Taxonomy In The Classroom
4. The Best Popular Movies/TV Shows For ESL/EFL
5. The Best Sites For Learning About The World’s Different Cultures
6. The Best Places To Get The “Same” Text Written For Different “Levels”
7. The Best Online Virtual “Corkboards” (or “Bulletin Boards”)
9. Answers To “What Do You Do On The First Day Of School?”
10. The Best Sites For Teaching About Latitude & Longitude
11. Oral Presentation Suggestions For IB Theory of Knowledge Classes
12. The Best Places To Read & Write “Choose Your Own Adventure” Stories
13. The Best TV/Movie Scenes Demonstrating A “Growth Mindset” – Help Me Find More
14. The Best Movie Scenes To Use For English-Language Development
15. The Best Sites Where Students Can Work Independently & Let Teachers Check On Progress
16. List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
17. The Twenty-Five Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2017 – So Far
18. The Best Education Articles From “The Onion”
19. The Best Websites For Learning & Teaching Geography
20. The Best Online Activities For Learning About Time Zones
21. The Best Websites For Students Exploring Jobs and Careers
22. The Best Resources On Helping Our Students Develop A “Growth Mindset.”
23. The Best MATH Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress
24. This Is The Best Video I’ve Seen On Perseverance & Resilience: “There’s no dishonor in having a disability”
25. The Best Multilingual & Bilingual Sites For Math, Social Studies, & Science
26. The Best News/Current Events Websites For English Language Learners
27. The Best Sites For Grammar Practice
29. The Best Sites To Practice Speaking English
30. The Best Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced English Language Learner Sites
31. The Best Websites For Developing Academic English Skills & Vocabulary
32. What Is The Accurate Edison Quote On Learning From Failure?
33. The Best Video Clips On Goal-Setting — Help Me Find More
34. The Best Online Geography Games
35. The Best Ideas For Using Games In The ESL/EFL/ELL Classroom
36. Big Meta-Analysis Says Four Teaching Strategies Are Most Effective For Low-Income Students
37. The Best Online Resources To Teach About Plagiarism
38. The Best Online “Countdown” Timers
39. A Simple & Effective Classroom Lesson On Gratitude
40. Make Your Own “American Chopper” Meme
Happy anniversary, Larry. You started this blog on the day David and I married. Happy anniversary to us all.
Congratulations on 12 years of blogging! In student years, your blog is a sixth grader 🙂
I’ve learned so much from you over the years.
Here’s to 12 more years!
All the best,
Thanks for the kind words, Richard! You’re not too far behind me 🙂