BiljaST / Pixabay

Five years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE.

. Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018.

Here are this week’s choices:

First Week of School Activities with ELs at the Heart is by Valentina Gonzalez. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Planning The First Day Of School.

English Learners with Disabilities: Shining a Light on Dual-Identified Students is a new report from New America. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Assisting ELLs With Special Needs – Help Me Find More.

Teaching English to learners with Special Educational Needs (SENs) – Myths and realities is from The British Council. I’m adding it to the same list.

Motivating speaking activities for lower levels is from The British Council. I’m adding it to The Best Sites To Practice Speaking English.

EFL Classroom 2.0 is a great site that I’ve posted about countless times. Its founder, David Deubelbeiss is closing it down. But it’s not over! David has now opened up a new site called ELT Buzz.  David is great, and I’m sure his new site will be, too.

Creating a welcoming environment for ELs is by Tan Huynh. I’m adding it to The Best Resources About “Culturally Responsive Teaching” & “Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy” – Please Share More!