'magnifying glass' photo (c) 2005, Tall Chris - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing a “round-up” of some of them each week or every other week as a regular feature.

By the way, you might also be interested in  MY BEST POSTS ON NEW RESEARCH STUDIES IN 2019 – PART ONE and MY BEST POSTS ON NEW RESEARCH STUDIES IN 2019 – PART TWO.

You can see all my “Best” lists related to education research here.

Here are some new useful studies (and related resources):

This is your child’s brain on books: Scans show benefit of reading vs. screen time is from CNN. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Which Is Best – Reading Digitally Or Reading Paper?

ADVANCING LITERACY WITH LARGE PRINT is a “white paper” from Thorndike Press.

Georgios Zonnios has written two good posts about research on “discovery learning”: Misleading Research on Discovery Learning and Discovery Learning Experiments. I’m adding them to The Best Research Demonstrating That Lectures Are Not The Best Instructional Strategy.

The College Wealth Premium Has Collapsed is from The Atlantic.

The Impact of Peer Assessment on Academic Performance: A Meta-analysis of Control Group Studies is a new paper I’m adding to The Best Ideas On Peer Review Of Student Writing.

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Resources For Learning About Balanced Literacy & The “Reading Wars”: