9878673 (1)

I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here

In 2008, I worked with six other English teachers in different parts of the world to create simple and easy projects where our English Learner students taught each other about their respective countries.  The Sacramento Bee wrote an article about it headlined English learners take to Internet:Burbank students correspond about their lives, cultures. We used a blog to communicate, and you can see see and hear the projects we did, particularly using the VoiceThread tool, at our Student Showcase blog.

Though we didn’t continue that particular collaboration, I have continued to have my ELL Geography classes work on simple projects with classes in different countries. After we study a particular nation, we create videos sharing questions we have about it. We share those videos with a “sister class” in that country, who provide responses and who, in turn, ask us questions about life in the United States. They are very simple short-term projects, and you can see many of them at Links To The Joint Projects My ELL Geography Class Did With Classes Around The World – Want To Join Us This Year?

As the title of that blog post indicates, I’m always looking for international partners – let me know if you’re interested in collaborating this year!

And, if your looking for a different kind of international (or domestic) class partnership, I’ve just updated The Best Ways To Find Other Classes For Joint Online Projects.