Yes, this blog has been around for thirteen years!
Lots of numbers – fourteen million visitors, twenty-three thousand daily readers, thirteen books.
But the real celebration for me is what I have learned through the process and how it has made me a better teacher.
It has been a great experience, and I hope that feeling will continue…
You might also be interested in My All-Time Favorite Posts! (these are the best of the best)
Here are the most popular posts from the past twelve years:
1.After Spending $575 Million On Teacher Evaluation, Gates Foundation Says, “Oops”
2. List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
3. The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
4. The Best Places To Get The “Same” Text Written For Different “Levels”
5. The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom’s Taxonomy In The Classroom
7. The Best Sites For Learning About The World’s Different Cultures
8. The Best Online Virtual “Corkboards” (or “Bulletin Boards”)
9. Oral Presentation Suggestions For IB Theory of Knowledge Classes
10. The Best Popular Movies/TV Shows For ESL/EFL
11. The Best Sites For Teaching About Latitude & Longitude
12. The Best Places To Read & Write “Choose Your Own Adventure” Stories
13. Answers To “What Do You Do On The First Day Of School?”
15. The Best Sites Where Students Can Work Independently & Let Teachers Check On Progress
16. The Best Education Articles From “The Onion”
17. The Best TV/Movie Scenes Demonstrating A “Growth Mindset” – Help Me Find More
18. The Twenty-Five Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2017 – So Far
19. The Best Online Activities For Learning About Time Zones
20. The Best Multilingual & Bilingual Sites For Math, Social Studies, & Science
21. This Is The Best Video I’ve Seen On Perseverance & Resilience: “There’s no dishonor in having a disability”
22. What Is The Accurate Edison Quote On Learning From Failure?
23. Make Your Own “American Chopper” Meme
24. The Best Video Clips On Goal-Setting — Help Me Find More
25. The Best Websites For Students Exploring Jobs and Careers
26. The Best Questions To Use For Class Closing Activities — What Are Yours?
27. The Best Movie Scenes To Use For English-Language Development
28.The Best Scaffolded Writing Frames For Students
29. The Best News/Current Events Websites For English Language Learners
30. We’re Encouraging Students To Use This Outline For 2019 TOK Essays
31. I’ve Found These Decent Online Exercises To Teach Paraphrasing – Can You Suggest More?
32. The Best Resources For Teaching About The Black Panther Movie
33. The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2018 – So Far
34. The Best Sites For Learning About The 2018 World Cup In Russia
35. The Best Resources For “Do Now” Activities To Begin A Class
36. The Best Teaching Resources For The Movie, “Coco”
37. The Best Sites To Practice Speaking English
38. The Best Funny Movie/TV Clips Of Bad Teachers
39. The Best Websites For Learning & Teaching Geography
40. The Best MATH Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress