BiljaST / Pixabay

Five years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE and THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART TWO.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our next book.

Here are this week’s choices:

Half A Crossword lets teachers create lots of different kinds of worksheets, including bingo, sentence scrambles, and sentence corrections. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Creating Sentence Scrambles. Learn more about it at Blog de Cristina.

Higher Order Questions and English Learners is by Jana Echevarria. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom’s Taxonomy In The Classroom.

Arizona board approves more flexibility for ELs under English-only law is from Education Dive.

Teaching reading and writing is a series of videos from the British Council. I’m adding it to The Best Online Videos Showing ESL/EFL Teachers In The Classroom.

California school officials reassure immigrant parents after ruling limiting benefits is from Ed Source.  I’m adding it to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING HOW THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION’S NEW PUBLIC CHARGE RULE WILL NEGATIVELY AFFECT OUR STUDENTS & THEIR PARENTS.

Champion Teachers Mexico: Stories of Exploratory Action Research is from the British Council. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Teacher Action Research – Help Me Find More.

Language access: Not just for students is from Phi Delta Kappan.

The benefits of using a motivational framework for culturally responsive ESL teaching is from MultiBriefs. I’m adding it to Best Posts On “Motivating” Students.

‘They Did Not Realize We Are Human Beings’ is from Politico. It’s about Marshall Islanders in Iowa. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About The Marshall Islands.

School Climate Changes EL Success Rates is from Language Magazine.

Teaching the teachers: $13M grant to help NYC students learning English is from Chalkbeat.

These two videos would be a good ones to show to ELLs and then have them share verbally and in writing what they saw: