BiljaST / Pixabay

Five years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE and THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART TWO.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our next book.

Here are this week’s choices:

EL Retention Myths and What to Do Instead is by Valentina Gonzalez. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Grade Retention, Social Promotion & Alternatives To Both.

The Nation’s English-Learner Population Has Surged: 3 Things to Know is an Ed Week summary of a report from the Office of English Language Acquisition on ELL Demographic Trends. As I’ve written before, though, I don’t expect those trends to continue – at least in the short term (see What Impact Will Trump Administration Policies Have On Future ELL Numbers? Here Is My Guess, & I Would Love To Hear Yours). I’m adding this info to The Best Ways To Keep-Up With Current ELL/ESL/EFL News & Research.

8 Engaging ESL Activities for Teaching about Travelling is from Blog de Cristina. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Organizing & Maximizing Field Trips – Both “Real” & “Virtual”

Diversity: How should learners’ own languages be used in the classroom? is from The British Council. I’m adding it to The Best Resources Explaining Why We Need To Support The Home Language Of ELLs.

Supreme Court removes last remaining obstacle to immigrant ‘wealth test’ is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING HOW THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION’S NEW PUBLIC CHARGE RULE WILL NEGATIVELY AFFECT OUR STUDENTS & THEIR PARENTS.

Tough new choice for immigrants: Quit food stamps or risk deportation is from The Tampa Bay Times. I’m adding it to the same list.

This tweet shares a helpful resource. I’m adding it to Best Posts On Writing Instruction:

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Resources On ESL/EFL/ELL Error Correction: