Pixaline / Pixabay

You may, or may not, have heard about the Coronavirus here in Sacramento. If you haven’t, you’ve certainly heard about it elsewhere!

Being alarmist doesn’t help, but U.S. Health Secretary did say today that “It might make sense to close a school or certain schools or take other measures like that.”

And the U.S. Department of Education also unveiled a special webpage:

Yesterday, I posted Here Are Online Tools Some Teachers In Asia Are Using For Remote Learning – Useful To Know In The Face Of #COVID19.

Today, I realized that I hadn’t included three lengthy “Best” lists that might also be helpful – they share many sites where teachers can create “virtual classrooms” (the vast majority can be used at no-cost) for English Language Learners and English-proficient students and monitor student progress:

The Best Online Homework Sites For English Language Learners – Please Offer Your Own Suggestions

The Best Sites Where Students Can Work Independently & Let Teachers Check On Progress

The Best MATH Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress

Let me know what I’m missing and/or share your thoughts on how you and your school might handle any future closing.