kreatikar / Pixabay

I’ve obviously been posting lots of resources to help teachers during the school closure process, including:

My eleven-part Ed Week series.

The “Best Of The Best” Resources To Support Teachers Dealing With School Closures

The Best Video Tutorials On Teaching Remotely – Please Suggest More!

The Best Advice On Teaching K-12 Online (If We Have To Because Of The Coronavirus) – Please Make More Suggestions!

The Best Research Related To Closing Schools Because Of The Coronavirus

THE FOUR BEST TOOLS FOR TAKING EXISTING VIDEOS & MAKING THEM INTERACTIVE FOR ONLINE LEARNING

It seemed to me that, even though this is a crazy situation, it wouldn’t hurt to explore what research has said about online instruction.

At this point, I don’t think that individual studies are helpful to any of us, but summaries could be.

There aren’t many now, but here is what I’ve found so far – I’ll add to the list as I find more (or as readers suggest more):

The coronavirus double whammy: School closures, economic downturn could derail student learning, research shows is from Chalkbeat.

How Effective Is Online Learning? What the Research Does and Doesn’t Tell Us is from Ed Week.

Thanks to an article in Ed Week (see National Center for Education Evaluation and Regional Assistance), I just learned about a new collection of research studies on what works in distance learning. The National Center for Education Evaluation and Regional Assistance put it together. The site is simply called Studies of Distance Learning.

What Decades of Research Tells Us About Student Success in the Online Classroom is from Discover.

Best evidence on supporting students to learn remotely comes from The Education Endowment Foundation.

Stumped by How to Best Serve Students With At-Home Learning? Follow the Evidence is from Education Week.

Coronavirus, Education Research, and Education: Relevant AERA Journal Articles is from AERA.

Virtual Illusion: Comparing Student Achievement and Teacher and Classroom Characteristics in Online and Brick-and-Mortar Charter Schools is a new study

Yes, Low-Income Students Lose the Most When Learning Goes All Online is from EdSurge.

Why Are Some Kids Thriving During Remote Learning? is from Edutopia.

How Can Educators Tap Into Research To Increase Engagement During Remote Learning? is from EdSurge.

Teaching Strategies of Award-Winning Online Instructors is from Edutopia.

Exploring the Evidence on Virtual and Blended Learning is from NYU.