Wokandapix / Pixabay

I have a number of regular weekly features (see HERE IS A LIST (WITH LINKS) OF ALL MY REGULAR WEEKLY FEATURES).

It’s time for a new addition to that list, and this post introduces a weekly compilation of new and good resources to support those of us dealing with school closures.

Some will be added to The Best Advice On Teaching K-12 Online (If We Have To Because Of The Coronavirus) – Please Make More Suggestions! and the best will go to The “Best Of The Best” Resources To Support Teachers Dealing With School Closures.

Here are this week’s choices:

History’s deadliest pandemics, from ancient Rome to modern America is an impressive interactive from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to A BEGINNING LIST OF THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS.

EDUCATING ALL LEARNERS DURING THE COVID-19 DISASTER is a new site to support special educators and learners.

Four Core Priorities for Trauma-Informed Distance Learning is from MindShift.

Coronavirus School Closures: What U.S. Schools Can Learn From Other Countries is from Ed Week.

The New York Times offers Zoom safety tips.

Save Time With This Google Calendar Scheduling Tip is from Richard Byrne.

Yesterday, Google made some changes in how Google Meet interacts with Google Classroom. Here are two videos about it that I’m adding to The Best Video Tutorials On Teaching Remotely – Please Suggest More!:

Here are some resources specifically for ELLs and their teachers: