I have a zillion history-related “Best” lists.

However, I thought it would be useful to bring together the different resources I use in my IB Theory of Knowledge classes when we study the “idea’ of history (I also use some of these in my actual history classes).

I know I’m missing a ton of good stuff, so let me know what it is!

Here they are:

Excellent History Question For Students: “What Are History’s Biggest Turning-Point Years?”

The Best Resources For Teaching “What If?” History Lessons

Four Intriguing Perspectives On History

Funny, Yet Sad: “The Onion” Publishes Excellent Commentary On Importance Of History

Grammar, Morals & History

Quote Of The Day: “The Problem With History Classes”

Here’s a video that could be very useful in social studies classes and in IB Theory of Knowledge classes (it has a British focus, but can easily be used in the U.S., too):

The Best Videos For Learning Why It’s Important To Study History

The Best Resources For Using “Object Lessons” In History

In TOK, we talk about how winners end up writing histories.

The New York Times has just published an interesting “take” on the issue that has this headline: When History’s Losers Write the Story. I hadn’t thought about the issue in the way as the author has framed it:

These next three tweets will be great when study History in Theory of Knowledge! The first one is an excellent image, the second shares the link to it so you can download and print, and the third is a similar version from another teacher:

“History does not move on the machinations of a select group of great people”

This TED-Ed video and lesson might be useful when we study history in IB Theory of Knowledge:

Would You Hide a Jew From the Nazis? is the important one. It’s a Nicholas Kristof column in The New York Times, and is related to the Ken Burns’ film (see New Ken Burns Film, “Defying The Nazis,” Looks Good & Has Tons Of Free Teaching Resources).

Important NY Times Interactive Comparing How History Textbooks From Different States Talk About The Same Topics

Theories of History

The Pope’s Canonization Of Junipero Serra Is A Great Teaching/Learning Opportunity – Here’s What I’m Doing