I’m continuing with my mid-year “Best” list posts…

I’m adding this post to All 2020 Mid-Year “Best” Lists In One Place!

I have sixteen – count ’em, 16 – separate “Best” lists about the school closure crisis, and you can find them all here.

Included among them is The “Best Of The Best” Resources To Support Teachers Dealing With School Closures list, but even that is pretty darn long.

So, I thought it would be worth my sharing a short list that just highlights a few of the most helpful resources:

I have to start with one of those sixteen “Best” lists – THE BEST IDEAS FOR ONLINE ACTIVITIES TO USE WHEN TEACHING ELLS REMOTELY – SHARE MORE!  Even though the title focuses on ELLs, this list really has the best and most practical ideas that teachers of any students can use when doing remote teaching.

Here’s another very useful list: The Best Online Tools For Remote Teaching – Share Your Own

How Teachers Want Emergency Distance Learning Improved is a MindShift article featuring several teachers (including me) from around the country talking about their remote teaching experiences.

PBLWorks’ new PBL For Remote Learning looks great.

Summative Assessment in Distance Learning is from Edutopia. It points out that performance tasks make a lot of sense in this situation. I can testify to that – many of my students prepared oral presentations (which many did with a partner), and it worked very well – especially for engagement! I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Performance Assessment.

GUIDANCE ON CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE-SUSTAINING REMOTE EDUCATION is from NYU.

Ideas for adapting group lessons to working on Zoom is by Sandy Millin.

Video: Here’s An Example Of My Daily Online Lesson For ELL Newcomers

The Association of College and University Professors has a good ONLINE TEACHING TOOLKIT.   It has some very good stuff that could be adapted for K-12.  For example, I really like their rubric for participating in online discussions.

I’ve published sixty posts at Ed Week related to school closures, and you can see them all here.  This is one that I think is particularly helpful: Four Ways to Help Students Feel Intrinsically Motivated to Do Distance Learning

I’ve worked with Ed Week to make several videos related to remote teaching (another one is coming out in July, and I’ll probably add it to this list).  You can see them all here, and here’s one example:

VIDEO OF STUDENT PANEL TALKING ABOUT THEIR DISTANCE LEARNING EXPERIENCES IN THE SPRING