We’re all looking forward the July 3rd premiere of the Hamilton move on July 3rd!
I just learned that the EduHam at Home program, a free version of the program the show and the Gilder Lehrman Institute does in-person with students, has been released (it actually happened two months ago, but it was news to me):
What should you expect from this free program?
- A personal welcome video from Lin-Manuel Miranda greeting participants, as well as tips and guidance from EduHam teachers to help students create their own work
- Video highlights from past student performances for examples of what to try at home
- A wealth of free materials for participants and their families to explore and enjoy, including
- Videos clips from Hamilton and interviews with Lin-Manuel Miranda, selected cast members, and Ron Chernow, whose biography of Alexander Hamilton inspired the musical
- A wide selection of primary sources centered on a diverse group of 45 People, 14 Events, and 24 Key Documents
EduHam at Home participants will be invited to submit their own Hamilton-inspired pieces (songs, raps, spoken-word poems, or scenes), and selected student performances will be shared on social media and this website.
You can read more about it at Rejoice, ‘Hamilton’ fans: Lin-Manuel Miranda makes his student program free online.
I’m adding this info to The Best Teaching/Learning Resources On The Musical, “Hamilton”
And here’s a bonus that was on Jimmy Fallon’s show last week: