BiljaST / Pixabay

Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2020.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our next book.

Here are this week’s choices:

An Asset-Based Approach to Supporting English Learners’ Reading Skills is by Valentina Gonzalez.

Supporting Multilingual Learners in Hybrid Classrooms is from Edutopia.

Educating English Learner Students During the Pandemic: Remote & In-person Instruction & Assessment is from CSEL.

Newcomer Immigrant and Refugee Students Are More Optimistic About the Future than Their U.S.-Born Peers is from Teacher’s College.

Makematic has several videos demonstrating ELL teaching techniques.  I’m adding it to The Best Online Videos Showing ESL/EFL Teachers In The Classroom.

I’ve previously shared two good resources where I find accessible text for my ELL History classes:

This Free History Resource Is GREAT For ELL Newcomers!

Brittanica Kids has all of its articles written in three different levels: Kids, Students, Scholars. There is a cost involved, but a lot of their resources are available for free. For example, I found this article on The Compromise of 1850 that I’ll be using in my ELL U.S. History class.

I’ve recently found that Ducksters is another good source.

Texas family detention centers expected to transform into rapid-processing hubs is from The Washington Post.

Here’s an excerpt:

The Biden administration is preparing to convert its immigrant family detention centers in South Texas into Ellis Island-style rapid-processing hubs that will screen migrant parents and children with a goal of releasing them into the United States within 72 hours, according to Department of Homeland Security draft plans obtained by The Washington Post.

It’s interesting timing since we began studying Ellis Island in my ELL History class and will continue next week.

In ‘achingly beautiful’ letters to Biden, students who are learning English, working full time and taking care of siblings share their hopes is from The Washington Post.

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources For Learning About The Importance Of Prior Knowledge (& How To Activate It):

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources For Teaching Common Core Math To English Language Learners: