Jaen0000 / Pixabay

I have a number of “Best” lists related to virtual field trips, and you can find them all at GREAT RESOURCES FOR CREATING & GOING ON VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS.

This list is a little different, however.

The tools in this post let you specifically visit “window” views or video tours from different places around the world.

They are good for Geography classes, or for compare/contrast essays, or even for ELL classes when using the Language Experience Approach (where students do an activity and the co-construct sentences about what they did/saw).

Here’s what I have so far:

CityWalks lets you choose cities from around the world and then virtually take a walk through them (learn more at “CityWalks” Is A Fun Site For ELLs & All Geography Students).

WindowSwap lets you look out windows from homes all around the world (learn more at “WindowSwap” Is A Great Site For English Language Learners).

VidEarth has links to videos on a world map that show you the tours of those areas.

One nice thing about the the videos on these sites is that I don’t think they are YouTube-based, which increases the likelihood that they won’t be blocked by school district filters.