Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

California Will Launch The Nation’s Largest Free Student Lunch Program is from NPR.

The short- and long-run impacts of secondary school absences is a new research paper.

Why a new law requiring Asian American history in schools is so significant is from Vox.

Big education funders Gates, Walton, and Chan Zuckerberg are coming together to seek ‘breakthroughs.’ Will it work? is from Chalkbeat. These foundations never seem to learn.  They use words like “moonshot.”  Why don’t the fund basic stuff (very short and engaging professional development videos on instructional strategies we know that work, for example) instead of pursuing pie-in-the-sky ideas that never work? I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The Role Of Private Foundations In Education Policy.

Important Questions to Ask About Education Research appeared in Medium. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Understanding How To Interpret Education Research.

Reflections on What Pandemic-Related State Test Waiver Requests Suggest About the Priorities for the Use of Tests is an interesting new report from Calder. Here’s a particularly useful chart that appears in it:

This next tweet is intriguing:

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools:

Kiley focuses on school vouchers in California recall campaign is from Politico.

I’m adding this next tweet to