BiljaST / Pixabay

Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2020.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our next book.

Here are this week’s choices:

Quick Wins is from Leo Languages. It’s a nice list of games. I’m adding it to The Best Ideas For Using Games In The ESL/EFL/ELL Classroom.

I’m teaching Government to ELLs this year, and put out a request on social media for additional resources. Michelle Barnes Meczywor suggested this textbook, which looks good to me. These two scope and sequences also looked helpful, as did this class blog. I’m adding this info to I’M PLANNING TO USE THESE FOUR ONLINE TOOLS WHEN I TEACH GOVERNMENT TO ELLS NEXT YEAR – DO YOU HAVE OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

I’m adding this tweet to the same post:

Voice of America Learning English has a daily one minute video giving top news in a very accessible format.  They call it “VOA60,’ and you can find it on its YouTube channel.  I’m adding it to The Best News/Current Events Websites For English Language Learners.  Here’s an example:

The Collapse of China’s Online Tutoring Industry Is Taking American Educators Down With It is from Ed Surge.

4 Promising Programs to Practice Pronunciation in Private is from TESOL. I’m adding it to THE BEST SITES FOR ONLINE PRONUNCIATION FEEDBACK – DO YOU KNOW OTHERS?

ELT Professionals LinkedIn Archived Discussions is from David Deubelbeiss, and shares a wealth of ELL teaching advice.

How to engage the emergent bilingual students in your math classroom is from Teach Learn Grow. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Teaching Common Core Math To English Language Learners.