BiljaST / Pixabay

Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2020.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our next book.

Here are this week’s choices:

I’m adding these tweets to The Best Websites For Developing Academic English Skills & Vocabulary:

English Learners in Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Courses is an interesting new report. I’m adding it to The Best Ways To Keep-Up With Current ELL/ESL/EFL News & Research.

Pandemic Response to Pandemic Recovery: Helping English Learners Succeed This Fall and Beyond is from The Century Foundation.

I’ve previously shared a number of games from Jimmy Fallon’s show that I’ve adapted to my ELL classes, and you can find them at The Best Ideas For Using Games In The ESL/EFL/ELL Classroom.  I got a simple idea for another one after seeing his “Picture This” segment, where he jokingly compares how two celebrities or companies post the same caption to two different photos on Instagram (see below).  It game me an idea of a game, which a ton of other teachers probably have been using for years, where I show a picture, along with two or three different captions, and then students have to pick the correct one.  It would be easy to create them on Quizizz.

Lang Bridge is a new site for language-learning.

Here’s How Schools Are Helping Afghan Refugee Students is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to A COLLECTION OF THE BEST ADVICE TO TEACHERS ABOUT SUPPORTING AFGHAN REFUGEE STUDENTS.