BiljaST / Pixabay

Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2020.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our next book. PLUS, we’ve just submitted the manuscript for the second edition of The ESL/ELL Teacher’s Survival Guide! That book will be out in early 2022.

Here are this week’s choices:

Language Learning with Lyricstraining is from The FLT Mag.

Some regular EAL activities is from ELT Planning.

THOMAS & COLLIER RESEARCH is a good source of…research on ELLs.

English Learner Learning Opportunities and the COVID-19 Pandemic is from OELA.

How to Teach English Learners Based on the Science of Reading is an interview with Dr. Jana Echevarria.

Strategies to Reduce Plagiarism and Increase Engagement is from TESOL. I’m adding it to The Best Online Resources To Teach About Plagiarism.

10 Best Places to Teach English Abroad in 2022 is from Bridge. I’m adding it to A BEGINNING LIST OF RESOURCES FOR SUPPORTING EDUCATORS TEACHING ENGLISH INTERNATIONALLY (OR WANTING TO).

I asked on Twitter how ELL teachers use the Jenga game in class. Here are some responses I received:

Speaking of games, we tried Hedbanz at the suggestion of my student teacher, and it was a big hit!