I’ve reviving this regular feature that I used to post a few years ago….

'forged link chain (5)' photo (c) 2009, Kirsten Skiles - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minimal description. It forces me to look through these older links, and help me organize them for my own use. I hope others will find them helpful, too.

Here are This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”:

1,500 Decisions a Day (At Least!): How Teachers Cope With a Dizzying Array of Questions is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Research On How Many Decisions A Teacher Makes Each Day.

Nearly 40 Million People Are Still Enslaved Worldwide is from The NY Times. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Human Trafficking Today.

The Human Slavery Map is from Google Maps Mania. I’m adding it to the same list.

See how California changed in the last decade, right down to your neighborhood is from The San Francisco Chronicle. I’m adding it to The Best Tools For Analyzing Census Data.

5 Inventions That Changed The World is from Not Exactly Rocket Science. I’m adding it to The Best Sites Where Students Can Learn About Inventions.

BeanBeanBean is a game with tons of academic subject exercises.  They contribute money to charity for every correct answer.

In the Musical Planet game, you “Test your music knowledge and discover songs from over 100 countries around the world.” Unfortunately, you can only play it if you connect to your Spotify account. This means that a teacher could display the game on a projector and students could play as teams, but they couldn’t play individually.

Click That Hood is a geography game that tests whether or not you know the names and locations of individual neighborhoods in cities around the world.  Since it’s pretty specialized, I’m not adding it to The Best Online Geography Games.

O Net Online seems like a pretty good and detailed way for students to research careers. I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Students Exploring Jobs and Careers.