Counselling / Pixabay

Though we don’t have much to worry about here in California, educators in much of the United States are facing a very different situation.

The first part of this post will share resources I’m adding to RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT ATTACKS ON “CRITICAL RACE THEORY,” THE 1619 PROJECT & ATTEMPTS TO STOP EDUCATORS FROM TEACHING ABOUT SYSTEMIC RACISM.

The second part of this post will deal with other kinds of book bans.  For now, at least, I’m adding those to The Best Resources For Banned Books Week.

PART ONE:

From slavery to socialism, new legislation restricts what teachers can discuss is from NPR.

States weigh a raft of proposed laws to limit race, sexuality lessons in schools is from NBC News.

Youngkin’s ‘tip line’ to snitch on teachers suffers from this, too is from The Washington Post.

PART TWO:

Book Ban Efforts Spread Across the U.S. is from The NY Times.

Meet the moms of color from Texas fighting book bans at their kids’ schools is from NBC News.

My Young Mind Was Disturbed by a Book. It Changed My Life. appeared in The NY Times.

Current weather: A blizzard of snowflakes in the red states is from The Washington Post.

Book bans are back in style is from Axios.