llorcraft / Pixabay

Ordinarily, I’d add these new articles and videos to The Best Posts Predicting (& Showing) What Schools Look Like During The Pandemic. However, that list is just getting too massive.  So, in the future, if you want to find these in one place, click here:

The Consequences of Remote and Hybrid Instruction During the Pandemic is a big new report comparing learning gains and losses, based on test scores, between students in districts that had virtual learning for extended periods and those who didn’t. I might have missed it, but I’m not sure it incorporates the level of community transmission in those areas – could the differences also be attributable to the outside-of-school forces created by the severity of COVID outbreaks? Learn more about the study in The Washington Post.

Schools could get extra time to spend COVID relief on building fixes is from Chalkbeat.

L.A. school board delays student COVID-19 vaccine mandate without any discussion is from The L.A. Times.

How has the pandemic affected high school graduation and college entry? is from Brookings.

4 high school students talk mental health and how the pandemic changed them is from NPR.

Substitute teacher shortage hits California’s low-income students harder is from CAL Matters.

COVID-19 Cases Rise While Few School Mask Mandates Return is from HuffPost.