Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

Check out the 2021 Finalists for the National Awards for Education Reporting from the Education Writers Association.

What’s the Best Way to Find a Gifted 4-Year-Old? is from The NY Times.

No Extra Days To Be Added At End Of School Year After Sacramento Teacher Strike, District Says is from our local CBS affiliate.

Understanding the Effects of School Funding is from The Public Policy Institute of California. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools.

LAUSD expects enrollment to plummet by ‘alarming’ 30% in the next decade is from The L.A. Times.

With Plunging Enrollment, a ‘Seismic Hit’ to Public Schools is from The NY Times.

In the Fight Over How to Teach Reading, This Guru Makes a Major Retreat is from The NY Times. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Balanced Literacy & The “Reading Wars”

California’s schools chief could cruise to a second term, despite criticism is from The LA Times.