Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

DESIGN PRINCIPLES FOR EFFECTIVE ONLINE CREDIT RECOVERY is from EdResearch For Recovery, and I think it has pretty useful advice that most schools will, unfortunately, not follow.

Progressives take a leaf out of the conservative playbook to target school boards is from NPR.

A program that helps millions of hungry kids is about to expire is from Vox.

Inside a N.J. school leading the charge for teaching Asian American history is from NBC News.

School Choice and the False Promise of Parent ‘Empowerment’ is by Peter Greene. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning Why School Vouchers Are A Bad Idea (& Other Commentaries On “Choice”).

California Public Schools are Losing Underpaid Teachers at a Steep Rate is from Capital & Main.

Schools are struggling to meet rising mental health needs, data shows is from The Washington Post.

Millions of children learn only very little. How can the world provide a better education to the next generation? is from Our World in Data, and has a lot of interesting….data (though their recommendations are a bit simplistic).

Here’s an interesting series of pieces related to a NY Times article on class size reduction. I’m adding them all to The Best Resources For Learning About How Class Size Does Matter:

Class Sizes Set to Shrink in New York City Schools, but at What Cost? is from The NY Times.

The (Not A) Mystery Of Class Size is from Peter Greene.