My mid-year “Best” list posts continue…

I use short, funny video clips a lot when I’m teaching ELLs, and you can read in detail about how I use them in The Best Popular Movies/TV Shows For ESL/EFL (& How To Use Them). In short, there are many ways to use them that promote speaking, listening, writing and reading (including having students describe – in writing and verbally – a chronological description of what they saw).

You can see all previous editions of this list, as well as other “Best” lists related to videos, here.

Here are my choices for the past six months:

This would be a fun video to show older ELL students, and then have them talk and write about what they saw:

And here’s another fun video:

And here’s one more (you’ll probably want to explain what a service dog is first):

This is a wild video that I would only show to older ELLs and have them write and talk about what they saw:

Here’s another video just for older ELLs:

This is another good video to show, but embedding has been disabled, so you have to watch it on YouTube:

I’m adding this next video to The Best Resources For Using “If This Animal Or Image Could Talk” Lesson Idea In Class: