BiljaST / Pixabay

Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2021.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our new book.

Here are this week’s choices:

3 ways to activate your multilingual students’ superpowers is from Teach Learn Grow. I’m adding it to The Best Posts On Looking At Our Students Through The Lens Of Assets & Not Deficits.

What you should know about Plyler, the case protecting undocumented students’ education rights is from Chalkbeat. I’m adding it to Texas Governor Announces Plan To Challenge Previous Supreme Court Decision Requiring Schools To Educate Undocumented Children.

Here’s a video published in 2020 that was recently shared by Carol Salva.  It was part of a campaign to highlight immigrants, LGBTQ folks, and others who might not always be welcomed.  The campaign also has a website with short personal stories that could be used in the classroom:

I’m adding this video to The Best Sites For Learning About Google Translate & Other Forms Of Machine Translation:

I’m adding this video to The Best Places For Students To Write Their Resumes: