My mid-year “Best” list posts continue…

I publish a regular series called Ed Tech Digest, and I thought it would useful to readers and to me to review them and highlight the ones I think are the best of the year.

You can see previous editions of this list, along with all the “Best” lists related to ed tech, here.

You might also be interested in THE BEST 16 WEB 2.0 APPLICATIONS FOR EDUCATION IN 2022 – PART ONE.

Here are my choices from the past six months:

THE 14 ONLINE LEARNING TOOLS I USED MOST THIS SCHOOL YEAR & 2 I WANT TO TRY IN THE FALL

A New Resource for Free Digital Field Trips is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Finding And Creating Virtual Field Trips.

Top Tips for Podcasting in the Classroom is by Joe Dale. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Teacher & Student Podcasting.

The only question you need to ask about education technology. is from Dan Meyer. I’m adding it to The Best Advice On Using Education Technology.

If you want to copy your school Google Drive to your own personal one, you can use Google Take-out, but you can also use Cloud HQ and Beyond Classroom Walls appears to do the same for your Google Classrooms. I’m adding this info to The Best Resources For Learning How To Use Google Docs/Google Drive.

GOOGLE GETS INTO THE MATH ADAPTIVE LEARNING BUSINESS WITH “PRACTICE SETS”

GOOGLE CLASSROOM NOW LETS YOU SCHEDULE THE SAME ASSIGNMENT FOR MULTIPLE CLASSES! (WITH SCREENSHOTS)

“YOU WRITE” IS THE FIRST OF MANY ARTIFICIAL-INTELLIGENCE WRITING TOOLS THAT WILL BE A CHALLENGE OR OPPORTUNITY FOR TEACHERS

Who is the Theranos of Education? is from Ed Surge.

Brainpop has recently added something they call “Pause Points” to some, though not all, of their movies.  They seem to basically be questions that can pop up while students are watching the videos that they have to answer.  In other words, they can turn them into EdPuzzle-like videos.  I think it’s a good move – this way, students don’t have to wait until the end to answer questions from the quizzes.  You can read more at Say Hello to Pause Points, a New Way to Experience BrainPOP Movies.

Still paying for antivirus software? Experts say you probably don’t need it is from NBC News.

One of the many reasons I like Quizizz so much is that they are constantly adding new features.  Their latest is called “Live Whiteboard” and lets the instructor and students do live annotations.

7 Clever, Teacher-Tested Tech Hacks is from Edutopia.

Adobe Spark looks like they made big positive changes to their features for educators.

Speaking of changes, it looks like Read Write Think has modified their wonderful interactives for a post-Flash world, including their great resume generator.   It’s my favorite tool for helping students create their own. I’m adding this info to The Best Places For Students To Write Their Resumes.

This comes from Recomendo:

The latest version of the Chrome browser enables you to link to a specific word/phrase/sentence within a web page, rather than just linking the entire page. You can focus attention on just the right text. Right click on the desired text section while in Chrome and select “Copy Link to Highlight.  More details here.  You need Chrome to create a deep link or to view one.