'magnifying glass' photo (c) 2005, Tall Chris - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing a “round-up” of some of them each week or every other week as a regular feature.

By the way, you might also be interested in MY BEST POSTS ON NEW RESEARCH STUDIES IN 2021 – PART TWO.

You can see all my “Best” lists related to education research here.

Here are some new useful studies (and related resources):

Coming home to teach: Do local grads make better teachers? is from the National Council on Teacher Quality.

ADHD: Medication alone doesn’t improve classroom learning for children – new research is from The Conversation. I’m adding it to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT ADHD.

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Sites For Cooperative Learning Ideas:

Teacher noticing: A systematic literature review of conceptualizations, research designs, and findings on learning to notice is a new study. I hadn’t heard of “teacher noticing” as a concept to be studied, but it basically means observing things in the classroom and acting on them. I’m adding it to The Best Research On How Many Decisions A Teacher Makes Each Day.