NOTE: I was out of the country for a week, so this is a two-week compilation…

Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

What the Biden administration’s new rules for charter schools say is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Analyzing Charter Schools.

National Education Data: K-12 Enrollment More Racially Diverse Compared to a Decade Ago is from The 74. I’m adding it to New & Revised: The Best Resources For Learning About The Ethnic & Racial Make-Up Of The U.S. Student Population.

Schools Can Do More Than ‘Return to Normal.’ Here’s How is from Ed Week and shares intriguing research about how people and institutions tend to respond to the aftermath of disruption.

‘I’m terrified’: As new laws take effect, LGBTQ students and allies fear the consequences is from Chalkbeat. I’m adding it to THE BEST WAYS TO SUPPORT LGBTQ STUDENTS.

Data Walls Demoralize Students. Assessment Expert Lorrie Shepard Explains Why is an older, but useful, report from NEPC. I’m adding it to The Best Resources Showing Why We Need To Be “Data-Informed” & Not “Data-Driven”

Florida law limiting LGBTQ discussions takes effect — and rocks schools is from The Washington Post.

Abortion, Anti-LGBTQ Bills, and Safe Schools: 5 Things to Know From NEA’s Annual Assembly is from Ed Week.

California’s new budget includes historic funding for education is from Ed Source.

Reactions to the Biden administration’s proposed Title IX changes from education law scholars is from Brookings.

I’m adding this next video to RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT ATTACKS ON “CRITICAL RACE THEORY,” THE 1619 PROJECT & ATTEMPTS TO STOP EDUCATORS FROM TEACHING ABOUT SYSTEMIC RACISM:

I’m adding this next tweet to WE SHOULD ENCOURAGE PARENT ENGAGEMENT, BUT NOT PARENT BULLYING:

This next tweet shares a good commentary questioning how students are typically selected for admission into public select high schools: