I’ve previously posted about Google’s “Read Along” app and it’s been on The Best Websites To Help Beginning Readers list since it came out.

Today, Google announced they were also turning it into a website for several reasons, including to help young people who didn’t have space on their phones.  You can read their actual announcement here.

You can go to the Read Along website by clicking here.

It has hundreds of young children’s books in bilingual form (all include English) or in English only. The supported languages are:

Bangla (বাংলা)
English
Gujarati
Hindi (हिंदी)
Marathi (मराठी)
Portuguese
Spanish
Tamil (தமிழ்)
Telugu (తెలుగు)

Readers can see and hear the words read to them, and are then prompted to repeat them. If said incorrectly, the site provides feedback and help. Teachers can also monitor some progress, though I think it’s primarily the amount of time students spend on it. Here’s the guide for educators. It’s focused on the app, but I assume it’s similar for the website. Here’s the Google “Help” site for Read Along.

In addition to providing this updated info to The Best Websites To Help Beginning Readers list, I’ll also be adding it to THE BEST SITES FOR ONLINE PRONUNCIATION FEEDBACK – DO YOU KNOW OTHERS?