Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

Is there a teacher shortage? It’s complicated is from CNN.

Schools are the ‘hubs and hearts’ of neighborhoods – here’s how they can strengthen the communities around them is from The Conversation. I’m adding it to WE NEED TO TALK MORE ABOUT SCHOOLS AS MEDIATING INSTITUTIONS.

Free for all California public school students: At least two meals a day is from The L.A. Times.

Community schools promote equity: We need more of them is from The Hechinger Report. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Community Schools.

NASSP’s Survey of America’s School Leaders and High School Students is one of the more interesting surveys I’ve seen this year.

This is a good piece by Anne Lutz Fernandez: There are lots of bad ideas for solving the teacher shortage, but not enough for improving the profession

California schools face avalanche of changes is from Cal Matters.

I’m adding this next tweet to RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT ATTACKS ON “CRITICAL RACE THEORY,” THE 1619 PROJECT & ATTEMPTS TO STOP EDUCATORS FROM TEACHING ABOUT SYSTEMIC RACISM: