'magnifying glass' photo (c) 2005, Tall Chris - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing a “round-up” of some of them each week or every other week as a regular feature.

By the way, you might also be interested in MY BEST POSTS ON NEW RESEARCH STUDIES IN 2021 – PART TWO.

You can see all my “Best” lists related to education research here.

Here are some new useful studies (and related resources):

Do Teacher Assistants Improve Student Outcomes? Evidence From School Funding Cutbacks in North Carolina

Learning Conditions Are an Actionable, Early Indicator of Math Learning is from PERTS.

What Impacts Can We Expect from School Spending Policy? Evidence from Evaluations in the U.S. is from Kirabo Jackson. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools.

The second study cited in this article highlights the value of the kind of paragraph frames that I use in my classroom.  I’m adding it to The Best Scaffolded Writing Frames For Students.

A Research-Backed Toolkit of What Works—and Doesn’t Work—in Education is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The “Best” Lists Of Recommendations About What “Effective” Teachers Do. Since it makes a point of specifically talking about peer mentoring, I’m also adding it to The Best Posts On Helping Students Teach Their Classmates — Help Me Find More and to The Best Resources On The Value & Practice Of Having Older Students Mentoring Younger Ones.