BiljaST / Pixabay

Eight years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2021.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our new book.

Here are this week’s choices:

A CASE FOR TEACHING WITH COGNATES is from The Learning Agency.

Late night talk show host Jimmy Fallon plays a number of games that can be adapted to the ELL classroom, and I’ve share several of them at The Best Ideas For Using Games In The ESL/EFL/ELL Classroom.  Here’s another one (many teachers probably already use a version of it):

If you join the ESL Teachers K-12 Facebook group, you can access a great post with teachers sharing the best quotations they’ve seen about teaching ESL.

Newsletters in Class is a short post by EVA BUYUKSIMKESYAN about using email newsletters in education. I hadn’t realized Canva has that feature (what don’t they have?). I’m adding it to The Best Applications For Creating Free Email Newsletters.

USA Hello offers free online Citizenship classes.  I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Learning About Civic Participation & Citizenship.