I’ve begun this weekly post where I’ll be sharing resources I’m adding to The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources or other related “Best” lists.

You might also be interested in THE BEST SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING RESOURCES OF 2021 – PART ONE.

Finally, check out “Best” Lists Of The Week: Social Emotional Learning Resources.

Here are this week’s picks:

SEL From Bell to Bell in Middle and High School is from Edutopia.

3 Simple Yet Powerful Ways to Build Relationships With Your Students is from Edutopia. This is the primary passage I found useful:

Another approach is the One Minute Accolade. Students think about something they appreciated from class: something they learned, something that went particularly well, someone they want to thank, something they’re grateful for. When they come up with something, they raise their hand. Once a good number of students have their hands raised, I set a timer for one minute. They take turns sharing their accolades until the timer rings, ending class on a positive note.

I’m adding it to The Best Questions To Use For Class Closing Activities — What Are Yours?

Quick Ways Teachers Can Encourage Students to Listen to Each Other is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Ideas To Help Students Become Better Listeners — Contribute More.

Self-management interventions for reducing challenging behaviors among school-age students: A systematic review is from Calder Systematic Reviews. I’m adding it to Best Posts About Helping Students Develop Their Capacity For Self-Control.   One of the great things about research from Calder is that they have “Plain Language Summaries.”

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Ways For Responding To Student Trauma – Help Me Find More: