'magnifying glass' photo (c) 2005, Tall Chris - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing a “round-up” of some of them each week or every other week as a regular feature.

By the way, you might also be interested in MY BEST POSTS ON NEW RESEARCH STUDIES IN 2021 – PART TWO.

You can see all my “Best” lists related to education research here.

Here are some new useful studies (and related resources):

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Sources Of Advice For Making Good Presentations:

What Social Media Really Does to Kids’ Brains is from Slate.

Inside the latest reading study that’s getting a lot of buzz is from The Hechinger Report.

Teaching Secondary Students to Write Effectively is from The What Works Clearinghouse. I’m adding it to THE BEST REVIEWS OF WHAT RESEARCH SAYS ABOUT EFFECTIVE WRITING INSTRUCTION.

I’m adding these two resources to The Best Resources On Which Is Best – Reading Digitally Or Reading Paper?:

How to teach kids who flip between book and screen is from The MIT Technology Review.

The Case for Choosing a Physical Book Over a Digital Reader is from Ed Week.