I’m continuing with my mid-year “Best” list posts…

Seven years ago I began publishing a regular Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week post.  You can see all my “Best” lists on instructional strategies here.

Here are my choices from the past few months:

SIX CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT CHANGES I’M PLANNING TO MAKE IN MY NEWCOMERS CLASS NEXT YEAR

TWO SIMPLE ACTIVITIES I’M DOING THIS YEAR TO END THE SCHOOL YEAR

6 LESSONS I LEARNED (OR RELEARNED) THIS SCHOOL YEAR

SOME “BEST” IDEAS FOR USING MINI-WHITEBOARDS IN THE CLASSROOM

Here’s How to Give Feedback That Students Will Actually Use is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning How To Best Give Feedback To Students.

What Is the Zone of Proximal Development? An Overview for Teachers and Schools is from We Are Teachers.

Why the 100-Point Grading Scale Is a Stacked Deck is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to Do We Give A Zero Or 50% For Work Not Turned-In? Here Are Some Useful Commentaries.

10 Powerful Ways to End Your Lessons is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Questions To Use For Class Closing Activities — What Are Yours?

Thinking Made Visible: The Winners of Our One-Pager Contest is from The NY Times Learning Network. I’m adding it to THE BEST RESOURCES (& TEMPLATES) FOR “ONE-PAGERS” THAT STUDENTS CAN USE TO SHOW THEIR LEARNING.

Teaching Black History Beyond Bondage—All Year Long is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Sites To Teach About African-American History.

5 THINGS THAT HAVE GONE WELL & 5 THINGS THAT COULD HAVE GONE BETTER THIS SCHOOL YEAR

THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE JIGSAW INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGY

FOUR INFORMATIVE SLIDES ON TRAUMA-INFORMED TEACHING

A TWITTER THREAD ON A CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT SITUATION

ANOTHER EXCERPT FROM MY BOOK PUBLISHED: “WHAT KINDS OF FEEDBACK MOTIVATE STUDENTS BEST?”

THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT PROJECT ZERO’S THINKING ROUTINES

ARE USING SIMULATIONS IN THE CLASSROOM ONE WAY TO “ACCELERATE LEARNING”?

The Smithsonian Learning Lab has a collection of resources for teaching about “activism.” I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On Building Influence & Creating Change.

A fresh approach to supporting students who are disengaged and task-avoidant is from Truth For Teachers. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On Student Engagement.

Using Curiosity as a Way to Defuse Power Struggles is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to Best Posts On Classroom Management. You might also be interested in “Be Curious, Not Judgmental.”

How and Why to Teach Black Resistance in U.S. History is from ASCD. I’m adding it to USEFUL RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE 400TH ANNIVERSARY OF BRINGING ENSLAVED AFRICANS TO AMERICA.

The Language to Develop Agency: Amping Up Agency Blog Series is from Two Writing Teachers. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Student Agency & How To Encourage It and to THE BEST RESOURCES SHARING RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT “TEACHER TALK”

From Learning Loss to a Liberatory Mindset is by Sonja Cherry-Paul. I’m adding it to The Best Resources About “Culturally Responsive Teaching” & “Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy” – Please Share More!

Making Curriculum Matter to Students is by Erin Nerlino. I’m adding it to The Best Ideas For Helping Students Connect Lessons To Their Interests & The World.

The Zeigarnik Effect: Definition And Examples is from PsyBlog. You might also be interested in A LOOK BACK: WHAT IS THE “ZEIGARNIK EFFECT” & HOW DID I APPLY IT IN THE CLASSROOM TODAY?

When Revising, Read Out Loud is from The Learning Scientists. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Getting Student Writers To “Buy-Into” Revision – Help Me Find More.

Improving Multiple Choice Questioning is by Blake Harvard. I’m adding it to The Best Ways To Use Multiple Choice Exercises.

Land Acknowledgment: A Classroom Activity for Secondary Students is from Lorena German.  I’m adding it to The Best Sites For International Day Of The World’s Indigenous People.

4 Positive Alternatives to Problematic Teaching Practices is from Edutopia.

Learning About Students’ Identities is from Reading To Belong. I’m adding it to The Best Resources About “Culturally Responsive Teaching” & “Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy” – Please Share More!

Why I Stopped Giving Zeros is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to Do We Give A Zero Or 50% For Work Not Turned-In? Here Are Some Useful Commentaries.

How and Why Teachers Should Weave History Into Math Lessons is from EdPost.

The RISE Model is a feedback strategy that I think is particularly useful for peer assessment.  I’m adding it to The Best Ideas On Peer Review Of Student Writing.