BiljaST / Pixabay

Eight years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2021.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our new book.

Here are this week’s choices:

Here’s a useful slideshow to use with ELL students about career exploration. It was created by Betsy Markman.  I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Students Exploring Jobs and Careers.

This is interesting, and I wonder if it could be a useful exercise for ELLs: Acapela lets anyone back up their own voice for free in minutes — just in case.

CHORAL RESPONSE: AN IN-SCHOOL CASE STUDY, AND THE RESEARCH BEHIND IT is from InnerDrive. Obviously, many ELL teachers use choral response in their classes.

Using Station Rotation in PD for Supporting English Language Learners is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Planning “Learning Stations” – Please Add More.

Five Photography Assignments That Invite You to Look Closely at the World is from The NY Times Learning Network. I’m adding it to The Best Ways To Use Photos In Lessons.

I’m adding these tweets to The Best Ideas To Help Students Become Better Listeners — Contribute More:

Researchers Offer Advice on Improving Education for High School English Learners is from Ed Week.