BiljaST / Pixabay

I’m so far behind in sharing ELL resources that I’m publishing an extra “Around The Web” post this week

Eight years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2021.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our new book.

Here are this week’s choices:

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Posts On Looking At Our Students Through The Lens Of Assets & Not Deficits:

Translanguaging: Theory, Concept, Practice, Stance…or All of the Above? is from The Center For Applied Linguistics. I’m adding it to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT TRANSLANGUAGING.

How (Not) to Teach English Vocabulary is from CATESOL. I’m adding it to The Best Sites Where ELL’s Can Learn Vocabulary.

I’m adding this next tweet to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING HOW TO USE CANVA:

I’m adding these three Ed Week articles to The Best Guides To ESL/EFL/ELL Terminology:

Map: How States Describe Their English Learners

The Debate Over English Learner Terminology, Explained

The Evolution of Terms Describing English Learners: An ELL Glossary

How storytelling can improve the classroom experience for MLLs is from ELLevation.

How to Cultivate a Sense of Belonging for Immigrant Students is also from Ellevation.

Fostering Language and Literacy Development is by Jana Echevarría.