Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources For Learning About Grade Retention, Social Promotion & Alternatives To Both:

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources For Learning About Performance Assessment:

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools:

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources For Learning About Balanced Literacy & The “Reading Wars”:

Another tech bro who was convinced he could revolutionize education learns he might not know everything, after all: Mark Zuckerberg tried to revolutionize American education with technology. It didn’t go as planned. is from Chalkbeat.  I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The Role Of Private Foundations In Education Policy (you might also be interested in After Spending $575 Million On Teacher Evaluation, Gates Foundation Says, “Oops”).

Here is a surprising example of data misrepresentation from the Boston Globe: