'magnifying glass' photo (c) 2005, Tall Chris - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing a “round-up” of some of them each week or every other week as a regular feature.

By the way, you might also be interested in MY BEST POSTS ON NEW RESEARCH STUDIES IN 2021 – PART TWO.

You can see all my “Best” lists related to education research here.

Here are some new useful studies (and related resources):

I’ve previously posted about this paper, but the final version just came out:

How to Measure a Teacher: The Influence of Test and Nontest Value-Added on Long-Run Student Outcomes: This paper examines how different measures of teacher quality are related to students’ long-run educational trajectories. We estimate teachers’ test-based and nontest value-added (the latter based on contributions to student absences, suspensions, grade progression, and grades) and assess how these predict various student postsecondary outcomes. We find that both types of value-added have positive effects on student outcomes. Test-based teacher quality measures have more explanatory power for outcomes relevant for students at the top of the achievement distribution, such as attending a more selective college, while nontest measures have more explanatory power for whether students enroll in college at all.

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Posts On Reading Strategies & Comprehension – Help Me Find More!:

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Resources Discussing The Importance Of Art In Education — Help Me Find More:

Eight Ways to Promote Generative Learning seems like a very useful study. I’m adding it to The Best Collections Of Instructional Strategies.

3rd Grade Reading Retention: Why the Research Is Complicated is from Ed Week.